The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/r/a/arambalakjian/html/forum/inc/class_core.php:2) - Line: 1535 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1535 header
/inc/class_session.php 360 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 100 session->load_guest
/global.php 56 session->init
/showthread.php 21 require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/r/a/arambalakjian/html/forum/inc/class_core.php:2) - Line: 1535 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 365 my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 100 session->load_guest
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 108 my_setcookie
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1596 my_setcookie
/inc/functions_indicators.php 52 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 456 mark_thread_read

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7 Effective Character Building Tips ....
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM
7 Effective Character Building Tips ....
Hi Every Body,
How are you ? How is life? Building the character of your child is the noblest task of a father because it leaves a lasting impression on the child while society benefits from it. A father must have a large repertoire of strategies to enable him achieve this goal. These include:

1. Create Ethical Boundaries for your Child

Let there be sanctions for telling lies to discourage children from this vice which is a gateway to other vices. Use your child's mistakes and wrong actions as opportunities to teach him what proper action is and use it to form his character.

2. Use Anecdotes to Teach Moral Lessons

Society never lacks anecdotes that pack enough punches to educate young minds. The Enron scandal would provide valuable lessons in corporate fraud. Enron was a multinational corporation which grew from nowhere to be America's 7th largest company in 15 years. It had 21,000 staff in its payroll in more than 40 countries. However, investigations will later reveal that its success was an elaborate scam woven around lies about their profitability and concealed debts which were not reflected in the company's audited accounts. The company declared bankruptcy in 2002 while those found guilty were sent to jail. It teaches us that there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed; therefore honesty remains the best policy. There are always lessons in everyday life and in the dailies which a discerning father can use to build his child's character.

3. Use Family History to Create a Memory Bank

Extended family members suffering on account of their character flaws might be used as ready examples to discourage your child from walking in their footsteps. There may be some family members who because of laziness ended up being poor or doing low paying jobs. My father taught me early in life that laziness is one ailment that the physician has no cure for, because it is a mindset that paralyzes the rest of the body. Use stories of persons your children know or whom they can relate to in conveying moral lessons. With stories and anecdotes, you are creating a memory bank in your child that he will draw upon in building his character.

4. Behavioral Changes

Character training entails weaning your child off unwholesome habits. A child who steals can be told the consequences of stealing especially using everyday examples. Attitudinal changes will be demanded while counseling is sought after if as a parent you feel it is necessary.

5. Compassion

Teach your child compassion and empathy by making him show compassion to less privileged persons. Encourage him to participate in volunteer services for the less privileged.

6. Be Proactive

Consider the uniqueness of your child and make an inventory of his character needs rather than his faults; then you will be in a position to employ rational means in building a good character in him.

7. Use of Wise Sayings and Prudent Maxims

These power-packed sayings have a way of leaving strong and lasting impressions on the memory of young persons. Faithful application of these strategies will go a long way in helping your child transit into a responsible adult with very bright prospects of living a successful life.

Best Regards.....

calcium
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2010, 05:30 AM
RE: 7 Effective Character Building Tips ....
The tips are as bellow :

1) Respond to the suggestions not the tone of the criticism.
2) Value criticism.
3) Don’t take it personally.
4) Ignore False Criticism.
5) Don’t Respond Immediately
6) Smile
7) Be Proactive

iphone screen protector
08-12-2010, 01:00 AM
RE: 7 Effective Character Building Tips ....
Nice information from you. I have read all these tips, and Its all are so wonderful and nice. Thank you for sharing this wonderful page. This is so interesting! But I think the 2 and 3 one is most useful tips.

discount voucher